The annual PTA AGM is coming up on Monday 19th September 19:00 in the School. Our PTA do an amazing job and it is important that we hear from as many parents as possible with their ideas. So please come along an have your say as it is your child who will see the benefits.
Get involved with the PTA.
Who are the PTA?
Well quite simply we are parents of children at Wilstead Lower School who want to make our children’s experience of school a happy one. We raise money for all the little extra things that make our school exciting and special.
As we all know life is one big rush for many parents,so any time you can spare is hugely appreciated. We can’t always attend all the meetings but by offering to help at events, well, that is the most important thing.
The PTA has given the school £6000 over the past year. This has provided the school with a new interactive whiteboard for reception class. The use of the interactive learning tool “Now press play” which all years can use in lessons. Busses for school trips, an opera workshop and exciting things for reward days to name but a few.
So again, any help you can offer is hugely appreciated.
What type of fundraising events do we do?
- We will be holding a school disco at the end of each term – always a popular event !
- We always have an annual quiz night which is great fun too.
- It’s our turn to host the lambing day at Manor farm this March. Always a great family day out watching the lambs being born.
- The summer fete will be back bigger and better this year!
- And lots of smaller events for the children to enjoy.
So many things planned for the year ahead.
So a huge thank you in advance for any help you can offer.