The school has a flourishing Parent/Teacher Association, which organises many fund-raising events. The school is very much enriched by the success of the PTA as it provides funds to enhance resources and events that could not be financed from the school budget.
But it’s not just about the money, it’s also about having fun, and we run a varied programme of social events both for ourselves and the children.
Please do support PTA events and also offer to help an hour of two of your time, particularly at the Summer Fete.
Tell me more…
Well quite simply we are parents of children at Wilstead Lower School who want to make our children’s experience of school a happy one. We raise money for all the little extra things that make our school exciting and special.
As we all know, life is one big rush for many parents so any time you can spare is hugely appreciated. We can’t always attend all the meetings but by offering to help at events, well,that is the most important thing.
What sort of things does the PTA support?
The PTA has given the school £6000 over the past year. This has provided the school with:
- A new interactive whiteboard for Reception class.
- The use of the interactive learning tool “Now press play” which all years can use in lessons.
- Busses for school trips.
- An opera workshop.
- Exciting things for reward days,
to name but a few.
What type of fundraising events do we do?
- We will be holding a school disco for children at the end of each term, always a popular event !
- We always have an annual quiz night which is great fun too.
- It’s our turn to host the lambing day at Manor farm this March. Always a great family day out watching the lambs being born.
- The summer fete will be back bigger and better this year!
- And lots of smaller events for the children to enjoy.
So many things planned for the year ahead.